Temp 26C
have some driftwood and plants in the tank
Fish:
2 adult L134
9 cories
12 Celestial Pearl Danio
and several shrimps

Should I add more fish and if yes then, how many

I would like to buy another pair of L-numbers and some fish for the top part of the tank

beginer

May 3, 2009
Melbourne
Should be fine.
you should add the fish bit by bit thought to ensure the bioload is up slowly.

how much is too much? depends on how often you do water change, feeding, type of fish etc.. the less fish, the less risk u got :) also ensure they are not fighting for territorial otherwise it will become harder to manage once they are adult

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
if you are adding more plec, chose carefully, so no fighting. are the 134 a pair? you could add an extra female but no more than a single male in the tank as they are known to be territorial. you could add some small Bristle nose as they are peaceful. but dont over do the fish or they will compete for oxygen. an airstone can help.

softak

Dec 16, 2013
Melbourne
Should be fine.
you should add the fish bit by bit thought to ensure the bioload is up slowly.

how much is too much? depends on how often you do water change, feeding, type of fish etc.. the less fish, the less risk u got :) also ensure they are not fighting for territorial otherwise it will become harder to manage once they are adult
weekly water change, around 60%

softak

Dec 16, 2013
Melbourne
if you are adding more plec, chose carefully, so no fighting. are the 134 a pair? you could add an extra female but no more than a single male in the tank as they are known to be territorial. you could add some small Bristle nose as they are peaceful. but dont over do the fish or they will compete for oxygen. an airstone can help.
I was told they are a pair.
Have one cave i a tank. One L134 is sitting there and another one is hanging under the wood nearby.
Do not want bristle nose, they breed like rabbits, do not want to end up with heaps of BN on my hands.