Bleeding Heart Tetras

Scrapman53

Apr 21, 2009
Fife Scotland.
Just got 8 of these last week and put them in my Q tank. In 3 weeks time I'll be moving them into my Geo tank. They are about 1 1/2 to 2" and quite tall bodied.
Question is. Will my Geos think they are food? Or will they be too big at that size? My male Geos are about 5".

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
You should be ok with them. They will get bigger also. I have a school of Bleeding Hearts that are all well over three inches and very heavy-bodied. You could grow them out in the Q-tank a little more just to be on the safe side. Have yours started to color up yet? They have a very interesting social-structure among the school. The Male with the longest dorsal fin will usually be the dominant male. Good Luck with them. :yes:

Scrapman53

Apr 21, 2009
Fife Scotland.
Thanks Big-B. I'm not sure if they're colouring up or not. The tank has no lights and I've only really paid attention to them feeding and that they don't have whitespot etc. They tend to hang out at the back of that tank as well and it's black on 3 sides! They are greedy eaters though. Really fast when going for a piece of food!