Biorbs

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Has anyone got one? Is the lighting that comes with one generally any good for plants?

Im thinking of maybe getting one to plant out and keep shrimp in.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
I could well be wrong but i think lighting should be 1 watt per litre for the more demanding plants, anubias, java ferns dont need much light to survive, infact because they are such slow growers too much light leads to algae growth

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
ok thanks:yes:

You had a nano tank didn't you? have you still got it? and hows it going?

charles101

May 3, 2009
worcestershire
I could well be wrong but i think lighting should be 1 watt per litre for the more demanding plants.
not nessecarily(of course depending on sp.) that would equal 4WPG wich would be a lot,2.5WPG would be enough but remember anything around or over 2.5WPG will require co2 and regular ferts.
if you say go for 3WPG then that will be ample and you should be able to grow almost anything granted that you have enough CO2 and a good ferts regime.
it cna be a pain though as any excess light/nutrients will just lead to an algae problem so with thta much light it would really need to be a fully planted tank with good strong growth and a good supply of CO2.:)

charles101

May 3, 2009
worcestershire
Yeah, i have a tropica aquacube and its thriving. needs a bit of a clean up but the plants are growing really well. if you want to keep shrimp and grow plants you cant go far wrong with the dennerle nano cube. £99 complete set up for 20L and its designed for shrimp and plants! http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/aquariums-cabinets-404/dennerle-nano-1174/dennerle-nano-cube-complete-plus-20l-59861.html?ref=shopping
thats a very cool little tank:)would make a lovely little planted setup:thumbup: