Are Corydoras monogamous?

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
I've just had my first sterbai spawn and have noticed it was a pair that have always followed each other since i got them. They constantly swim together and if they get separated soon swim back to one another. They have been laying eggs around the tank together for 24 hours now and its fascinating (and funny) to watch.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
mine have a breeding frenzy after a cool water change and The big female trilineatus mates with several different males. if several females are ripe -yes we have a party!! lol.

timkel

May 30, 2009
Northants
I had 2 male and 4 female trilines(not by choice lol)1 of the males markings were more spotty(which did make me wonder if he was a true julli)He had a frenzy one day and i think he went through all the females.(no fry would have had a chance of surviving in my tank and tbh i wasnt too fussed)unfortunatly several days later he died,i figure he wore himself out lol.No one else in the tank has showed any disstress.That was a month or 2 ago,and i have now added 2 more(not sure of sex yet).One thing i noticed,is that both the males had spots on their front fins,wereas the females didnt.Is this another way of sexing?As i havent seen this mentioned anywhere,or it may just be coincidence lol.