Albino corydoras ?

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Hey guys and gals, Just wondering what species the albino corys found at most LFS are, and are they suitable to mix with my peppered corys?
Cheers

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Cheers for the quick reply and the links! I see there is also an albino variety of C. paleatus, are these very unusual to come across in the hobby?
Sorry for the noob questions, always had a few corys but never really been interested til recently.
Cheers

Paul_fox

May 7, 2009
UK
i have highfin c.paleatus albino,they are really nice cory

Dont like the highfins, I think they are too man made, why mess with such a nice fish?:huh:

They shouldn't be a problem mixing the two species as mentioned, I think it can be more of a problem if you mix corys like C121s and C Burgessi, which are very similar and might be very closley related.
In fact I have read (can't remember where) that the C121s might have the translucent hill covering as a result of water contamination - both come from the Upper Rio Negro, although Burgessi are slightly more widespread than C121s, so until the C121 is scientifically described we wont know how they are related. This is only one case of very similar species, but more do exist.