JUNE Picture of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombHead666

Apr 21, 2009
Bedale - North Yorkshire
Time for JUNES POTM, and this time it is still Plecs but of close-ups please.
Sumbit your pictures to this thread.
I will take picture submissions until Sat 20th June, and I will start the poll the folowing day.
I need to re-iterate the hosting issue!
Please Please Please host the pictures here at PlecoPlanet, as when using my work PC, I cannot see anything other than those pictures hosted here

Sam

Apr 24, 2009
Sussex, UK
I'm having trouble getting to grips with uploading to the gallery. :blushing:
Just when I think I'm about to master it - I get a thing come up saying my 'message is too short'. I type in the box what plec it is - but it still wont let me upload.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can someone give me some easy fool proof instructions to follow please?
(I have looked for a how too guide - sorry if I've been blind and missed it.)

Thanks! :D

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
I'm having trouble getting to grips with uploading to the gallery. :blushing:
Just when I think I'm about to master it - I get a thing come up saying my 'message is too short'. I type in the box what plec it is - but it still wont let me upload.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can someone give me some easy fool proof instructions to follow please?
(I have looked for a how too guide - sorry if I've been blind and missed it.)

Thanks! :D
I'm unsure how you are getting that message, but I hope this helps you out.
To upload your pic

Step 1 - Click on the Gallery link across the top of the screen. A gallery navigation bar will show up next.

Step 2 - In the Gallery Navigation bar click on upload. It then comes up with a box titled Upload File. With Category underneath it and Select One in a drop down bar.

Step 3 - Select your Category (they are titled for species, other pics etc or if you are unsure of an id you can post it in other plecs and someone will relocate it later on). Then click continue.

Step 4 - Choose the file off your computer. The file needs to be under 585.9kb. You also have to add a title and or a message about your plec/pic.

Step 5 - click the upload button.

To post your pic.

Step 1 - Go to post reply or start a new thread.

Step 2 - On the right hand side of the text box are the smilies and underneath there is [Images]. Click on that. It will bring up a box showing the pics in your gallery, just scroll through and click on the pic you wish to post.

Last edited:

Sam

Apr 24, 2009
Sussex, UK
Thanks for the help, Bre. :D

But that's what I'm doing! :wb: Just tried following your instructions again with hubby's supervision and I'm getting the same thing open up - telling me that 'your message is too short.'

I shall give up for now. Thanks though! :D

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Step 4 - Choose the file off your computer. The file needs to be under 585.9kb. You also have the option on this screen to add a title and or a message about your plec/pic. This is optional.
Think it needs to be a title AND a message - I just copy and paste the title into the message box and off it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.