Singapore Report

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
As some may know I visited Singapore a couple of weeks ago for 4 days.

Whilst there I was lucky enough to meet up with long time internet buddy and general Pleco hero, Lawrence (Gecko)

Spent a few hours with him one afternoon, visited his house, met his lovely wife, saw his tanks and took a trip to Nirvana, the world famous C328.

WOW, I have never seen so many species of fish in one place.

Please note to 'western' eyes these tanks look cramped. I do not want this thread to turn into a style of keeping bashing. ALL fish looked healthy, there were so many people in this shop, the stock doesn't hang around along. At all. If the thread turns sour I will have it deleted

Met the owner, affectionately known to her many customers as Auntie, Lawrence told her that she was famous around the world which she was very happy with :)

First time I have ever seen the following fish live in the flesh.

H. zebra
Blue eye Panaque
Xanto
L95

loads more I don't even know the names of.

I could have spent a squizzlion quid on Shrimps before I event got to Plecos and Cichlids.

First set of photos are Lawrences tanks.

Apologies in advance for quality, it was about the least ideal conditions to take photos of tanks and fish but I had to document it.

Monster fat spotted Raph

Wild Caught Altums, stunning.

Cheeky little Dull eye, something hiding in the cave, i forget what, Lawrence will advise.

His new Asian cat, see his recent thread.

BIG L155, mean ******* :)

Onto the shop <3

Me and my host for the afternoon, I am the slightly taller but infinitely less handsome one ;)

Zebby

They had obviosuly just had a shipment of L95 in, they were everywhere, some monsters.

Rays, L14's and Dats

Big boy and friends

Lawrence's old Blue Eye. Epic

Massive Scobi. Gorgeous.

Big Melon and a 128 i think. Random Snakehead/Bichir in front

Xanto in Background. Nuggets in next tank.

Armoured :)

Papa or Volks i forget which, 128 and friends

Another 95 and a larget 90/203 in the back. Smaller Scobi's

Lawrence, thanks again for your time (and lunch :)), great to meet you.

Singapore is a fascinating place, highly recommend it as a trip, throughly enjoyed the 4 days I was there.

The zoo is amazing, best I have ever been to by a long shot.

Non fish photos of the trip can be seen below

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=247036&id=558647034&l=0fc012e951

Marsbar

Apr 26, 2009
Lincoln
WOW
Thats a great selection of fish there, I wish my local shop had half of that selection.
Looks like you had a great trip, thanks for sharing with us all:clap:

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Thanks all, it truly was an awesome place.

Steve to give you an idea of size, the bit with the tanks in was no bigger than the fish bit at Pet Cit, Mick's old place!!

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi

I had a look at the other photos also
The one of the tiger standing is awesome.
I visited Singapore a long time ago and sadly only spent a few hours in the airport but I do hope to include a visit on my grand tour in 2018/19.

Regards
Bob

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Cheers Bob.

Lawrence, did you go back and get that big Hara thing that you reserved with Auntie?