L377 log (pekoltia) prince tiger

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
I have a colony of 7 adults, 3m 4f.
Housed in a 5x2x2 ft tank, and shares a 16 stage matrix sump with 3 other tanks of the same volume. I am using a laguna 9500 pump, LP60 Air system (only runs in these 4 tanks, creates super volumes of dissolved oxygen in the water combined with 3 Lrg sponge fillters in each tank, my water is like a running, fresh, clean and clear river.
2x jager 300w heaters keeping my tanks at a stable 29 degrees.
Tanks have multiple D/W with Anubis plants attached and have white 5mm gravel in the bottom. 2 caves for every male and the wood aid in sufficient hiding places.
I have now been lucky enough to breed these guys for the last 6
+months and have successful spawns. Like most Plecs the male courts the female and traps her in his cave, 1-3 days later male lets the female exit and he continues to incubate the eggs for a further 10-14 days (IMO, depending on water temps), after I see wrigglers I empty the fry into a fry saver, put dad back in with his girls then watch the little fellas grow.
After 1 week of the fry being in the saver I start feeding with crushed fry powder and the following week start on pellets and solids.
I have now had several successful spawns and will be happy to assist any that ask
Thanks Ben

Adult female

Fry

setup

Tank mates

Sub adult

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Thanks for sharing Ben:D

If you add some photos we can give you the breeding log award:yes: