white slime

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
sorry, trying to post a photo but having problems.

OK, I recenly sterilized the 20g which had colomunarius . Noticed a few survivors began showing signs,so immediately medicated with Maracyn and Maracyn 2. Finished the treatment yesterday.

Today i vacuumed and noticed under the gravel whilte slime that as I vacuumed seemed to be loosened from bottom and began floating in the tank where it didn't get sucked up. When i removed some of this slime, and put on a paper towel, it immediately turned brown. So is this algae ? why is it sticking to the tank bottom below the gravel ? I have never had this happen, so I need to know what could it be. Any help appreciated. thanks,

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
:dk: anyone ? it looks like a white film , then when I vacuumed it came up in pieces, very thin , white, but seemed the entire bottom ,below the gravel was covered with this stuff. Will try again to post a pic but having no luck.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Perhaps the medications are imbalancing living things in the water allowing for pest invasions of algae? Just stick to good water keeping and it does take a few months for everything to come back into balance. :)

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
agree with Brengun, let the water settle and get the best possible water for the fish. For a few good weeks try not to add any medications except seachem water ager. Good water, equals good fish equals happier healthier fish . cheers jk :thumbup:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
right , I have not touched it since last response said not to do anything. Thanks guys ....seems it is always something :dk: