Boiling Wood Setup

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
wow that sure is a new way of doing it. cheers jk :thumbup:
Thanks jk...it's a good way to do mass wood boiling or very large pieces of wood. :thumbup:

lol that is one way of doing , i second that! love it!
Thank you ccole...it was the only way i could think of to do large amounts of wood in one go. :thumbup:

Cool set up, looks rather like a Donner party stew pot!:whistle:
Thanks Stan...hahahaha,This stew pot was cast iron with a baked enamel coating (very heavy) i got from local tip for $5 it lasted nearly 3 years and it went back to the tip where i got it from,a full tub of wood would take 4-5 days of boiling with a pressure clean about every 3 hrs...to remove any tannins. :thumbup:

cool idea
How did you seal the drain hole ?
Good question froggie...I used a cheap plug from the supermarket...i put the drainage hole over the cinder block were the flames couldn't touch it...it worked fine...thanks mate cheers. :thumbup:

Ike

Nov 9, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Wow is that a sink or a bathtub?, and it's metal? I wonder if a porcelain tub would work too... This is a very appealing/cheaper way of sinking the wood. I live in Arizona where Manzanita wood and Cholla cactus are sourced natively. Thank you for posting this It's a very interesting idea and I may try it.

Though if one of those cinder blocks gave way someone might be scalded, Yikes! A little dangerous but very effective.

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
Wow is that a sink or a bathtub?, and it's metal? I wonder if a porcelain tub would work too... This is a very appealing/cheaper way of sinking the wood. I live in Arizona where Manzanita wood and Cholla cactus are sourced natively. Thank you for posting this It's a very interesting idea and I may try it.

Though if one of those cinder blocks gave way someone might be scalded, Yikes! A little dangerous but very effective.
Hello,Ike...It's a bathtub made from cast iron...i wouldn't use anything else that wasn't metal/steel just to be safe...i used this setup for nearly 3yrs and never had a problem with it and i didn't change a thing,dangerous 'maybe' but you wouldn't let children run around it. cheers :thumbup: