i fu*ked up need some advice/help

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i recently purchased 3 sterbai 2 male 1 female

i thought today was a good day to get them starting to think about breeding!!

so said cold water change small 30%

anyways i was cyphoning out crap off the bottom then the music paying stopped so i went to my computer to fix it as i looked up at the tank one of the males head was stuck in there well more the side so i jumped up and got him off! heart pounding was happy to see him swim away!

but iv taken a closer look his eye has been sucked outwards!!!!
best way to explain is it looks like pop eye!

i feel bad so guy dont drill me!

i want to know will it heal?
will it get infected ? ie should i treat it ?

at closer inspection the bottom of his eye socket seems to of been torn as its red !

he was not swimming around as he stopped but his now back with the other 2

what should i do?

pic will be comming up as soon as i can!

thanks
Foti

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Ouch. Im not sure that there is much you can do apart from keep him under observation. You could add some melafix to help prevent any infections. Keep him calm and happy as more stress will increase the likelyhood of an infection or other ailment.

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Oh NO, Poor fishie, Oh & you, You poor thing, Hugz
Can't say how it will go, keep the water clean and some kind of fungal treatment in there..

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
Ouch. Im not sure that there is much you can do apart from keep him under observation. You could add some melafix to help prevent any infections. Keep him calm and happy as more stress will increase the likelyhood of an infection or other ailment.
Agreed, there is not much you can do apart from as stated above...If the worst case does happen and the fish does lose the eye, it should heal will soon be back with the others like nothing ever happened...I have many cyclop fish in the shop due to loach damage...They feed and live just like the rest.

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thanks guys truth be told he is swiming around with the others like normal his eye seems to back to normal ? well kind of as its really hard to tell which is good i just hope he can move it as iv read that corys can move rotate there eyes down to see below them?

p.s. having a look at them now it kinda looks like there in spaw mode!
gotta lov cories the energy its non stop for them! all the time!

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
thanks D so far so good all of them have not stopped for a sec well whilst im in the room that is

i still have my fingers crossed as time does tell with wounds

thanks again for everyones help

Foti