Could do with some advice

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Hi everyone.
As you know I have 2 pairs of l134 (I think) well I deffo have 2 males. They have caved at opposite ends of the tank which is great. But I'm still concerned.
The thing is the one male is really devoted to his cave, he sits in it all day every day, but he is really aggressive to the girls and chases them away on viewing them. The other male does bot do this as aggressively but is not as devoted to his cave. Who would make a better parent/ lover? :lol:
I don't want the aggressive one eating the females tail. If you have them could you tell me your ratios and your best results? Thankyou

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
He's probably not ready for fatherhood yet :whistle:

I have 2 groups. A trio of 1 male and 2 females, the girls squabble between themselves but nothing bad. The male occasionally marks the females during spawning but never bad.

The second is a group of 2 males and 3 females which are fairly new to me so no spawning yet but they all cave and so far no injuries so think there is peace in the tank for now :thumbup:

I would stick with what you have for now and let the fish sort it out, unfortunately fish do get beat up/killed during spawning, its just one of those things :wb:

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Thanks joby. I will leave them as they are, but keep an eye on them. I know unfortunalty but that's just a way of nature. Thankyou

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
yup nature is beautiful yet cruel. I would leave as is and let them all settle. Keep an eye on them though. cheers jk :thumbup: