News from the house Of Hypan

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
News from the house Of Hypan

Sadly my male L4xx hypan variant Lower Xingu has passed away to me it looks like a scrap with the female?

If any one has a spare male I am happy to buy this fish.

L4xx varient

My L173b (Or what the fug you want to call them) have continued to spawn at a rate of 2 or 3 spawns a month. I now have some quite large fry around 1” to 2” in size, they look just like L400/ L066 youngsters so this to me nails the issue of what they are. A natural hybrid of L066/ L046/ L400 fish.

My L163c have eggs as do my L262 that I brought from Kevin last week.

L184 youngsters are developing quite well I am positive I have 2 Species here so will separate them soon.

L260 youngsters are growing well and next year should be spawn able.

The group of L134, s I separated are not fighting or chasing so may have cracked it with them.

L4xx hypan variant Lower Xingu fry are now quite large and look again nothing like the parents.

New pick up of 3 L100 are looking quite nice 2 females and 1 male so fingers crossed here.

My group of 3 female L401 are looking good so now looking for a male.

Last edited:

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
OOoooo very nice, mmmm that what i thought with the L173b, they definately arent wavy zebras like the l173, so guessed was just a natural hybrid from some over active hypans :D

how are the l137 getting along? they caving now?

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
L 137?

The B is meant to be for German Breed.
the story i got from various people in Germany was Glasser had a few dozen of the fish with the white and black lines. To maximize the value they were spawned before being sold the fry were a dull L066/ L400 looking fish.
These were sold as L173b
The fish i had were wild caught imported via Columbia and sold as L066.
My opinion is well known and it is simple most hypans are variants from overlapping areas. This will produce a very vibrant and distinctive fish for 1 or 2 generations but like all Mischling they will revert to type when breed at random
If some one was to try selectively breeding the original fish and doing some scientific genetic work you could produce a pure specimen that would breed true, just like with dogs and cats ect.
The problem is people have become blinded by the L Number system and like the kings new cloths cant see the wood for the trees.

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
sorry i mean l134 lol
how the leopard frogs doing?

mmm i had those 3 l173b which looked nothing like true l173

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Glad the leopards settled in bob. Now all you have to do is get them to breed.:whistle:

Good luck

Ridout

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Glad the leopards settled in bob. Now all you have to do is get them to breed.:whistle:

Good luck

Ridout
Already sorted out a group from yours and my ones.

Selling the rest need space as i am getting my L174,s next week.

meloizias

Mar 23, 2011
Cobham
Hehe, yeah perfect.

what the l262 like, i saw one that was left with kevin when i picked up mine? they settled in ok?

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
nice one bob, i new it wouldnt be long till they spawned once given the right conditions