Plecs not eating!

Jarrah

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, NSW
Hi,
What type of plecos are you keeping?
What size, tank size, water parameters etc
Plecos are nocturnal so they might be eating but you just don't see them doing it :)
How long have they apparently not been eating?
Thanks
Jarrah

12evenant

Apr 15, 2010
BT
Umm about two weeks or more now. These are L46 zebras in a 4 feet by 2 by 2(H).

There's a really fierce alpha male inside my tank now and he seems to be eating very well, but almost all the other fish aren't and the uneaten food has to be cleared by me once they start rotting.

Jarrah

Jan 10, 2010
Sydney, NSW
Vary the foods,
And if your fish haven't been eating for two weeks they would be dead :O
Do they look very skinny?
If there is a dominant fish getting all the food try moving around the ornaments or decor in the tank, I do this ever month of two
Thanks
Jarrah

12evenant

Apr 15, 2010
BT
Vary the foods,
And if your fish haven't been eating for two weeks they would be dead :O
Do they look very skinny?
If there is a dominant fish getting all the food try moving around the ornaments or decor in the tank, I do this ever month of two
Thanks
Jarrah
Thanks that is pretty good advice. Am thinking how to get it done such that once my auto feeder displaces the food it will be evenly spread out among the main areas where the male caves are.. Need to wash my canisters too I reckon :)

GrubbyGirl

Nov 18, 2009
Kent
I have never yet seen my zebras eat, but they must be as they are all nice and chubby. And I disagree Zebras wouldn't die if they hadn't eaten for 2 weeks.

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi 12evenant
You don't normally see zebs eat so you are better checking they are eating, not by how much food is missing in the morning but check for their poo if you feed them Tetra Prima which should be on their main diet this turns their poo to red thus you can tell they are eating might be worth a try first might take more than one feed to come through.

Hope this helps.

Jerry