what's up everyone

dwendal1

Jul 16, 2010
Murrieta, California
Hi,
My name is Dylan. :hi: I just found this site and thought I could learn alot from the members here. A few months ago I set up a tank with an L200, an L091, and an L007. The L007 is semi-active, but the other two just stay in their caves all day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these guys more active? Thank you very much for your help!

D-Man

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
:hi: Hi and welcome to plecoplanet.

plecs will generally get more adventurous the longer they have been in their tanks, it takes them a long time to really settle in and become comfortable enough to come out while the lights are on.
they are nocturnal by nature so aren't yet used to daylight feeding so you'll just have to keep trying to tempt them out with zuchini etc.
there are always some individuals that never seem to come out no matter what you try, just makes it that much more pleasing when you do get a fleeting glimpse of them as they scurry off lol.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
hello and welcome.
tell us more about the tank, some fish come out a bit more if there are some dither fish (small swimming fish such as tetras) so if they see them they know there are no big predators about so feel safer.
but I suspect it just needs time.
best time might be when tank lights go off but room still light so you can see in tank, then put some wafers in.

dwendal1

Jul 16, 2010
Murrieta, California
thats a good idea Irene. I will try that tonight. I just bought some cardinal tetras hoping that would help them become more social. With what you said I think I might have had the right idea. Lets hope it works. Thanks.