question about L 91

mekkalicious

Jun 1, 2012
milan - italy
Hello, some one have experience with this catfish with discus?
L 91 are aggressive in the night with the other fish?
Some my discus in night go crazy and die, i don't understand. :((
Values and other guests are doing well.
Tanx!

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
a few basic questions. how big is your tank? what other fish and how many of each do you have ? Do you have enough hiding spots and do you feed enough. Generally keeping Discuss with Ls is not perfect. The L91 could get aggresive, but there needs to be something to get them going. cheers jk :thumbup:

mekkalicious

Jun 1, 2012
milan - italy
tanx big bird!
my tank is about 570 liters , too much woods and rocks, 2 L 191( 15 cm ) , 3 L 91 ( 14 cm) 5 discus green wild tefe ( 14 cm) 15 corydoras sterbay, 4 biotodoma cupido ( 10 cm), only hydrocotyle, for food automatics for 4 times, warm freezer one times, plecotabs in the night.

timmy82

Oct 3, 2012
Eumundi
I have had L333, L002 & L397 with my discus all fine. But only 3 L's at most in the tank at any time. I removed the L002 because he got too big and bossy. You seem to have alot of L's in their and they are all big. Is therea dull light in the room so the tank isn't completely dark that may help. I have a light on 24hrs a day in my fish room with 50 odd tanks and haven't had anydiscus disasters and have a stock of around 80 excluding current fry.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
if i look at your fish stock, you have 24 fish that are living in the bottom part of the tank and 5 discuss. I find so many bottom fish will fight for all of the caves and space for territory in the bottom part of the tank, that you might have to remove some in order to have peace and harmony. cheers jk :thumbup:.

Jo Crane

Apr 23, 2009
Cheshire
www.rareaquatics.co.uk
If your discus are producing slime coat this is attractive to many pleco and would you believe ottos they will latch on to the discus at night when they are resting ottos will tirelessly chase discus to have some slime coat lunch