Another Aussie!

Signal1

Feb 15, 2013
Sydney
Hey all, Im from Sydney Australia. Been keeping cichlids for over 10 years however have not had a tank set up for some time. Ive had a couple of pairs of Synodontis multipunctata which I had some experience in breeding with electric yellows as hosts lol.

Looking at setting up a display tank and have come to learn about Plecos.

Will spend most of my time reading and may post a couple of clarifying questions that most may find amusing for a noob.

Anyways, Hi to all.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi, :welcome:

and ask away, we won't find your questions amusing, we were all newbies once too, and some of us are still learning ! welcome to interesting life and love of plecs :thumbup:

Signal1

Feb 15, 2013
Sydney
Pirarucu, Zeebo, Bigbird and Brengun,
thank you all for the warm welcom.

Brengun, that welcome is just teasing. When I first started getting into Cichlids, I had an 8 foot tank with a black and white theme. Black sand, 7 Bar Frontosa but was unable to obtain the last eliment...
The Zebra Pleco.

I see they have not only retained their value, it has increased...

Are there many local breeders in NSW and Queensland? I see Boots is doing a good job in Vic.

Has this site ever attempted to get a petition going to submit in order to get the Plecos on the live import list? It was a society that forced the Governments had with cichlids was it not?

Last edited: