Refesh

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
After some conciseration, maturity and thought, I've decided to keep my tank. After going off the boil and selling my beloved L134 because of lack of time, I want something again. L260, I've always wanted some and the time seems right. A trio will probably be my choice, or a pair dependent on the big £.
I believe my lighting unit has broken on my juwel. The light now won't switch on, it started turning off seconds after turnin it on. Now it's deffinalty broke. A new unit is £70, nearly a pair of 260s money. Can I fix it? Also anyone with 260s any advice compared with my experience with 134s?
Cheers

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:welcome: back Jack. Sorry that the light broke. You will need to fix it though, as it is part of the tank. I only have the L134s and not L260, so do not know the difference, hope other members can help you out. Good luck and heads up, it will get better.

cheers jk :thumbup:

mrRRunner

Oct 2, 2009
Staffordshire UK
In the Juwel twin light unit, if one lamp fails the other will not light, giving the impression the unit has failed, worth checking out before buying a new lamp unit.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
You will love the L260's. They look like a big scotch grey mosquito. Being hypans they should breed just the same as L066, L333 and zebs. Not really fussy on foods and will eat anything. Just remember they are a small fish with small bellies so don't overfeed them.

L134 are peckoltia's and do seem to be a little different in getting to breed although some seem to have no troubles at all.

My tanks have very little in the way of plants, mainly just anubias on dw so my room lights go on at night for feeding and for hours if doing water changes, otherwise its just a tank light on while I am doing that tanks waterchange and thats about it.

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Sweet, I'll probably get a trio. I'm pretty much all set up still, just need a new hood as the one I've got, I've tried everything but it's not having it. Looking foreword to it. I want to get a few small dithering fish, what would you suggest and what do you have? (if any)

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Sweet thanks, it will most likely be cardinals. When I get my new light unit should I get the collie bulb? Will it make the fish look better?
Thanks

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Although i keep cardinals and rummy nose, i also think that pencil fish are stunning as they also come in different colours etc. it is a pity in Australia at the moment i cant seem to find any pencil fish in Sydney sniff. Cheers jk :thumbup:

john77

Dec 14, 2012
uk
its a pity that jewel dont make a decent light. i for 1 will never buy another jewel product as too many ppl have the same problems and its too expensive to fix wish i had known before i bought the crap thing :)
moan over:wb:

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Cheers bb. I know, same here. I always like Rena but they have gone bust? I haven't for enough money to get a new tank so a new unit it was, just ordered one, 58.99 not too bad I guess