Pleco bans?

LTygress

Nov 24, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Since Brazil likes to update their banned species list a lot, is there a site we can get a permanent link to in a sticky that shows WHICH species are currently banned for export from Brazil? L046 is obviously going to stay there, but what about the ones that were on it temporarily, like all of the Hypancistrus, and then all of the Peckoltia Sp.? I'm not completely sure which ones are OFF of the ban list now!

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

in Brazil, in this time it's a little bit strange:
there is the positive list from 2012 - only the plecos in this list may be exported.
Addicional there exist a list of endangered species from 2014 (valid since July 2016) - this plecos can not be exported.
If I hear news, you will find it on my page.
There you can also find the links to brazilian documents.

Greetings
Elko

Last edited:

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

Actually all these things (magazines, forums, websites, papers with descriptions) about plecos cost money. It's only a question who pay it. Many people realize these features without commercial interests, for their own enthusiasm. Beside their own free work they must pay for commercial features which they must use. I think, you should not except that you get all things without to pay.

In this sense I pay approximately 8 EUR per year (4 issues) for the CSG Journal as pdf. I think, it is a reasonable price in relation to the content.

Greetings
Elko

Last edited: