Fundraising

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
As you all have noticed we disappeared for a few weeks over the christmas break.
To ensure this doesn't happen again, we need to be able to create some funds to keep this site open. Unfortunately it does cost to keep a forum operational.

To do this we will be adjusting our premium membership options in the near future.

We will also be exploring the ideas of promotional products, for example, coffee mugs, beer mugs, coasters, stickers etc. I make these products at home and therefor can keep the cost to the forum at a minimum making us the maximum profit to help the forum stay open. We would also be able to make a mug for example with a photo of one of your own plecos with the PP logo on it. The options are endless.

If you would like to contribute to the forum or have your say about how we can best raise money then please simply comment below.

Regards the PP Admin team

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
I would say this is a very active forum and how come we don't have Sponsors!
Each country mods should source sponsors each can have there monthly special advertised!
They can even hold games compations for prizes each of these can and will promote there business which will create a loyal customer base from Plecoplanet !
Keeps site free and active!
You can also sell shirts, mugs & hats to raise extra funds
But the focuse should be in keeping the site active and free

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Thanks for your thoughts foti and I do agree. This site will always remain free.
Most forums have premium memberships, as we do, which offer extras like larger message banks etc. This is one way that people can show their support for the forum while getting something in return.
The options of merchandise still need to be reviewed.
We can however start looking back into getting sponsors.

dconnors

Aug 9, 2009
Michigan, USA
How about a calender? Does anyone remember the ones from a few years back? They were awesome. Could probably raise some funds with those...

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
I like the sponsor ideas. On ACE, they have a large number of sponsors, and a dedicated section in the classifieds for them.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Calenders are good ideas, I just don't know about one for this year as we are already in the new year and it would take a few weeks to organise and then post so would be looking into February before anything was able to be posted out.

We used to have a heap of sponsors and are all set up for them. All we have to do is upload the banners to suit. Its definately something we need to get back up and running.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
lets make this very simple - those people that have traded in the classifieds over the years and made good money should simply donate some $$$ towards the running costs....

hi bre can you pm with the relevant info and i will send you a cheque.... glad to help out and keep the show running....

i urge everybody else to donate as well.... if we all donate $20-$50 then plecoplanet can continue to grow.... and another shutdown can be avoided...

and then bre and the crew running the show dont need to worry about raising funds.....

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
I think any member that can donate, should, even a dollar, it all ads up ;)
I also like the personalized PP mugs & Tshirt idea ;)
gofundme is a good fundraising place , You could also post on the PP FBook page ;)

Last edited:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi, first , I agree on pleco products, calendar, coffee mugs .etc...and I agree with optional membership fees (oops ,gotta send mine in ) but I am not sure what is a sponser ?? Do you mean advertising on the forum ? If I got that right, that is cool too. There are some great ideas mentioned above . Just want to understand what you all mean by ''sponser''

thanks,

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Hi Zeebo, yes a sponsor is someone who gets their advertisements on the forum. So they would get a banner for example that will flash up on certain pages.

Thanks your input everyone.