Bab ID Please !!!!

fishlings

Mar 14, 2011
bradford
Good Afternoon All!

Well my baby plecos are doing great - we have 24 in total all seem fat and happy :clap:

The problem is I am unsure who the Mummy is - The Daddy is definately a Brislenose Plec. There were no albino babies at all, all have the same markings as shown on the pic. When I bought the black long finned plec (see pic) I was told it was very rare and with my research I assumed it was a sailfin but I have been told that sailfins and bristlenoses don't breed so I am unsure what my babies are!!

I would appreciate any help at all in identifying my little critters!!!:yes:

Thank you very much :hi:

Attachments

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
That's you're pair right there. The darker one is a long-finned "normal" colored Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus. The albino is an albino version of Ancistrus cf. cirrhosus. Albino is a recessive gene so in order for albino fry/babies to be born, both parents would need to carry the albino gene. If the darker one does not, than all dark fry would be obtained.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Hi don’t wish to Hi Jack this but thought this may help with the subject of Albino genes.

Quite interesting for me as I suffer from Red / Green Colour blindness in a very mild form.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recessive_gene"]Dominance (genetics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
totally agreee i have some that look the same as yours - not to mention they are beautiful and well done on the spawn!