redwood

Oct 6, 2013
wolverhampton
Hi everybody
Started to get more seriously into L plecs (and wild discus) over last couple of years after keeping lots of different fish for last 30 years....
Currently have groups or pairs of L397, L400, L89, Ancistrus claro, Jari Blue Ancistrus, L183, L340, L260 & Red Lizard whiptails.
Have bred L340 and L183 but not successful yet in raising fry of L183 more than 3weeks....so keen to hear some tips on that!
Thanks
Neil

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:welcome: Neil and a nice collection you have there. enjoy and share with this site . have fun cheers jk :thumbup:

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
A hoy hoy and welcome Neil. Are you trying to raise the fry in bare bottom tanks or do you have substrate?

YAL05T

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 22, 2009
North of Sydney
I always do better with ancistrus on a fine layer of substrate. Soften your water perhaps to improve hatch rates. Feeding finicky fry I have two methods. One is to keep them container with food always available. This does end up requiring more maintainence times to keep water quality up. The second is I mix spirulina powder with egg white and paint it on 2-3 inch smooth rocks and with sun bake it (oven if the wife is not about) and give them that.

Good luck with them all.