Shrimp Tank Episode 2

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
You might remember me from such tanks as my shrimp tank

Now coming to my house no where near you, I am proud to present my new shrimp tank MK II starring 100+ cherry shrimp, Mr Crypt, the Anubias family and Mr and Mrs Moss.

Featuring 3 large aqua one sponge filters and an Aquis 1250 Canister. Guest starring Frogtbit.

Without further Ado

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
love the way you wrote the post! lol
what an upgrade! Got any pictures of the inhabitants?
:D
rspect

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
I can only get poor quality photos as i brought batteries for camera and they didnt even turn it on for more then 1 min lol. Stupid dick smith guy ><. I got 100 males the other day but they poor quality theni would of liked but for 40cents each.

My shrimp out of the old tank are a much better quality and i found i only had like 4-8 males in there and about 20 females of a deep red 15 or so of them being berried aswell.

I have 20 kgs of benibachi shrimp soil and 10 mineral balls sitting in a box which i brought yesterday waiting for me to move house so i can setup CBS or CRS or both. Also looking at dividing my tank at the moment somehow and buying some YcS.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
stupid bats! happened to me to- drove 3hrs round trip to the zoo and maged to get about 5 photos! tut! lol

Sounds like you have a great list of things to do!
look forward to seeing when your all done!
cc

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
i have harigrass and stuff in there aswell. Is black diamond quartz on top of some zeolite, when i move i am going to establish breeding for CRS/CBS yellow cherries and rili shrimp. Is no point using all the good stuff then having to pull it all apart.

Plus i am gonna put money aside from my tax for a chiller :)

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
Well my tank has changed a little bit since last time.

Some new plants and slight rescape. Also got 3 dual sponges in there seeding getting ready for my new 4ft tank which is coming divider into 3 sections. One divider being drilled with 3 40mm holes so i can keep water stable between two shrimp of same species different color. separate compartment for something else.

Last edited:

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Wow It looks really amazing ... Moss is doing really well, all the plants look amazing, But, cough, cough, where are the shrimp pics, C'mon, Don't hold out on uz :D