Carib-Sea and bacteria problems ?

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
:wb:
hi, think I figured it out but have others had same problem?
I use Carib-Sea African Cichild mix in a bag in my filter to keep the ph from dropping. Have been using it for years and it keeps ph stable much longer than crushed coral(tried that first). I take a cupful, rinse in hot tap water, lay it out on paper towels to dry good before use.

I have lost all the fish in my 30g and now treating for a bacterial problem in my 20g. It is the only thing in common with all 3 of my tanks. I have never had a problem with it before , and all the fish in my 20g were born in there , were doing fine until recently.

Could this Carib-Sea be the cause ?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I've got a bit of a problem believing that this is the cause of your problems. Taking dry? gravel from a bag then rinsing it in water and allowing it to dry shouldn't introduce much of anything. I'd also expect if it came from a similar source it'd be a similar problem which it really hasn't been showing.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
thanks Lorne, good to know, and I have been using it for so long now and never had a problem. Yes, right, I rinse good and dry completely before using . And also the fact of the different symptoms. It was just the only thing all 3 tanks have in common. Back to the drawing board.