Afternoon!

Hello

I am Mick and I live in Gillingham (unfortunately) Kent, UK. I have never owned a Pleco in my life, until one arrived in the post this morning! I kid you not! I used to have eight aquariums over 25 years ago and only recently got back into the hobby again. I breed Honey Gourami's then.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
well thats better than the junk mail i got, lol.
welcome to the site Mick, what plec did you get? and where from?

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Hiya Mick, welcome to plecoplanet.

Gillingham isnt that bad is it, you got an ice rink, what more could you ask for lol. Im from rather quiet Deal, apparently the chav capital of the UK:dk:

Hi and thank you all for that nice warm welcome!

Deal? Chav capital of the UK? I don't think so? You should see the scum that live here! There are dealers in the flats opposite me, raided every week! A druggie and alcohilic living next door to me (and I thought the two were never bed-mates, it's one or t'other?) and the rest of the block is full of un-married mothers with little brats squarking all day (i dislike brats even more than I do druggies - they carry bugs!)! Hence the tropical fish again - something more relaxing! And I moved here from Rochester on health grounds to be nearer to my family and my dialysis unit - for my health? Fat lot of good that's done my health? :eek:( :eek:( :lol: :eek:( :eek:(

I got a little 2" Bristlenose on Christmas Eve but after seeing her (I say her as from what I have read, she has no bristles on her snout, but could be to young yet?), I shall deffo be getting more. I got her from Terry on eBay. From what I have seen and think though, he also owns am aquatic tropical fish shop in Bethnal Green? Maybe not him though?

Got some Apple Snails, a Zebra Snail (found somebody who sells both the former snalis for £1.00 each - got far to many!), some Red Ramshors and Malaysian Trumpet Snails arriving tomorrow, which I am quite looking forward to as I have never kept any of them before? I would also like to get some Shrimp but I don't think I shall bother because of the silly prices they are asking for them, mainly on eBay.