A bit about me

jpav

Mar 24, 2016
Reynoldsburg Ohio
Hi fellow pleco lovers. What fun finding a forum that loves their plecos as much as I do.
I have been in the hobby off and on for most of my life from the time I was a kid. It was something that my dad and I did together while I was growing up. We had as many as 8 tanks back then so those are fond memories.
I have had many many tanks in my life and I now have my most awesome tank ever a 155 gallon Bowfront. I really love it. So some of the fish I have are more than 10 years old. Those guys have lived through many tanks over that 10 years as I continually kept wanting bigger and better. This will probably be my last tank since I keep getting older and they keep seeming like more and more work to maintain.
My favorites and my husbands are the plecos and corys. I credit them to finally after all these years my husband actually getting a bit interested in my hobby.
I currently have these plecos. A Queen Arabesque, a snowball, a mustard spot, a blue seam, 2 L38's, a pair of blue eyed bristlenose, 2 albino ancistrus, and a few little otto's.
All of these guys are peaceful and do not bother each other.
I have a lot of large plants and interesting places for them to hide out in so no fighting over territory.
My latest addition to my tank isn't fish but new lighting. I was torn between Kessil and AquaticLife Halos. I decided on the Halos since they are pretty much similar but a little less money and they have built in ramping up and down and moon lights plus two channels that you can adjust to your liking. You can change the color and the intensity. I kind of like them and kinda don't. If anyone has any experience with them I would love to hear it. I hung them over my tank and seem to have shadows in between the lights on the back wall mostly. I also think the moonlighting is too bright. They can ramp up and down but I can't take advantage of that feature because I have to turn down the intensity manually for the night. Bummer.
Anyway that's a little about myself, I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum.