Starting all over again....

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Hi all...

I'm still alive, and still keeping fish :yes:

Since we moved 2 years ago now - I've dropped down to just 2 tanks... one of them having 5 breeding groups lumpped in together - with no breeding happening...

Well I've finally made a start on the solution.

Its being billed as a Utility room. (there will be a sink, a fridge and a freezer in there.) But more importantly it will mean I have somewhere to set up a bank of tanks to seperate out my groups and finally start breading stuff again :)

I've got a large single garage, that will never fit a car in... So I've divided it up, enough room in the garage for my bikes (another hobby) and work bench etc, and the rest becoming the utility area.

This is going to be a slow moving thread, but hopefully some time soon I'll be updating with it all cleared out and the tanks going in etc.

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Great plan...I also look forward to seeing its progress...Good to see you've got the fridge planned, nothing like a cold one after all the water changes are done. lol
And somewhere to keep the frozen foods :)

I'll be fitting an automatic water changer, but sat out there with a beer sounds good :)

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
Well.. I told you this would be slow moving!

About time I updated with some pics really... I'll sort some tonight...

I've got 5 tanks out there now. 2 have water in now and one even has fish!
It's all temporary though as I still haven't sorted the room out, it's all just on my old shelving from the fish shed of old.

This weekend should see the 2nd tank getting fish added, and a couple of the other tanks getting water...

SmithRC

Apr 21, 2009
Newport Pagnell
there should be a DIY thread on here about it...

I removed it from our bedroom setup lastnight and have now setup the valves in the fish room... one of the float switches has been repaired so might get it setup tomorrow night ;)

In simple terms, there are 2 valves - one to empty the water out and one to fill it back up. there are a few relays in the control box that open the drain valve when the 'go' button it pressed, to keeps it open until the lower float switch latches, then the relays swap valves and it fill back up until the top float triggers and then it stops :)

The drain hose will go through the wall and into a water butt to water the garden with.

I use gravity to drain the tanks, but you could easily replace the drain valve with a pump instead (careful not to setup a syphon through the pump though!)