Big hello to you all from the midlands uk

SavageProject

May 7, 2012
Leamington spa
Hi my name is Will and i live in the midlands
I've been fish keeping for many years now and iv noticed in every tank set up i've owned i have always kept Plecos but not as the main focus of the tanks, Until recently i've developed a growing interest in all things pleco. At the moment i have a group of commons that has tried to breed for me many times but the male is very silly in that each time he has decided to force the whole thing to happen in the top hole of a Rena smart heater which is barely big enough for his head never mind the obvious. The success of just the situation that they are happy to try and breed has lead me to believe i could keep slightly less common as the "commons" and care for them well, hence now growing on 6xL144's in my 90l shrimp tank. Since their purchase i cant help gathering info and researching all about these fascinating creatures.:)
I hope to graduate from beginner here.

SavageProject

May 7, 2012
Leamington spa
Hey Andy, small world, lol yep the Bn's i mentioned are the ones from you, the silly male wasn't i don't think :D that was a good while ago too and doing very well thank you, I'd like to know how your projects are going since we last spoke.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia

I just bought 3 L144's myself but they are going to be all day bucket dripping as the previous owner had them in 20.5C which is about 69F and a ph of 7.9. He also fed them nothing but NLS growth omg.

Mine will be slowly warmed up to about 27c which is about 80F, bring that ph down to about 7 to 7.3 and be fed driftwood, cucumber, hikari algae wafers and sera flora veg flake.
Am busting to take some photos but need to keep my patience while they are getting used to the conditions.

I'm off to read that breeding log link on page one of your welcome thread.
Cheers Brenda.