What fish to get

Travis3875

Jun 28, 2014
Colorado
Hi i have a 60g with 1 L200, 1 L106, 1 rope fish, and 1 leaf fish. I was wondering what other fish i could put in with them. I was thinking of adding some cichlids but I'm not sure if they would be fine with the rope and leaf fish. Any advice is appreciated

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
you have a lot of bottom feeders. The leaf fish is very aggressive and I would be wary. I would normally keep the leaf fish in a tank of his own. I would look at adding a groups of rummy nose tetras ( as they tolerate higher temps and the redder the nose the better the water quality is) or a group of cardinal tetras( they also love higher temps) I would not add any more cichlids as they would cause territorial issues. Just my thought cheers jk :thumbup:

Travis3875

Jun 28, 2014
Colorado
Ok yes i had read that the leaf fish can be aggressive but he doesn't seem to bother the plecos or rope fish. Do you think it will in the future? The leaf fish actually came with the tank when i got it so thats the only reason he's still there. Would it be best to relocate him? And if so any other suggestions on fish if hes not in there?

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
as stated above, the bigger he gets, the more agro he gets and he will attack. As I stated in my earlier mail, rummy nose or cardinal tetras are great in a schooling fish, as they occupy the middle and top layer of the tank and then you have fish that cover bottom, middle and top so all areas of the tank. Do you have a photo of your tank ? please post it, so we can have a look. cheers jk :thumbup:

Travis3875

Jun 28, 2014
Colorado
Ok ive been looking for both of those and cant find them right now but i will be on the look out and i will post pics soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbird

Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow that looks like a great tank and set up. I am sure you will love the cardinals and rummy nose. I would get approx. 20 of each. They look mad when they swim in a school together. good start and well done for also getting rid of the leaf fish. cheers jk :thumbup:

Travis3875

Jun 28, 2014
Colorado
Thanks i did a little re arranging today actually and ok cool that was my next question how many to keep together. Ill probably go back tomorrow and get some more. Yea i was starting to notice his aggression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk