My plecos

Panaque-Fan

Jan 31, 2017
Mississauga
Hi everyone,
I recently joined the forum and would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome!

While at one of my LFS, I finally decided which plecos I'd want to house in my 75 gallon growout and picked up a few.
All plecos are around the 2"-3" mark. Prices were pretty good too for their size, at least from what I've seen in other stores around my area.
Currently got them feeding on Northfin Kelp Wafers, Northfin Krill Gold 1mm pellets, Northfin Veggie 2mm pellets, pieces of shrimp, and zucchini.
So without further ado here's the plecos:

L177 gold nugget 2.5" - x1
L200 green phantom 2"&2.5" - x2
L200 high fin males 3" - x2

Will add pictures soon :)

Last edited:

Panaque-Fan

Jan 31, 2017
Mississauga
Finally added my favorite species of pleco to my current collection. From my username, you can pretty much guess what the species is. Without further ado:

New purchases: 3 baby L190 royal plecos (1.5"-2").

L190 royal #1 (1.5"), nicest looking face/snout stripes of the three.

L190 royal #2 (2"), Nicest tail shape of the three (can't really be seen in these 2 pictures, but the caudal fin is quite broad and tapers off to 2 really nice points).

L190 royal #3 (2"), Nicest overall shape and has the most full lateral lines of the three. My personal favorite.

Last edited:

Panaque-Fan

Jan 31, 2017
Mississauga
Some updated shots of my L190 royals (#2 & #3). Couldn't get pictures of L190 #1 (it's rather camera shy, compared to #2 & #3).

Nice shot of my male Sewellia Sp. spotted with L190 #2

L190 #2

L190 #3 on driftwood and L190 #2 underneath.

L190 #3 and #2 feeding on zucchini/courgette. #3 is the one that latched on first.

Panaque-Fan

Jan 31, 2017
Mississauga
From left to right: Male Sewllia Sp. spotted, 1.5" L018 gold nugget, L190 #3 and #1.

Some updated shots of my L142 snowball 2.75"

A new L142 snowball (3") that I recently picked up. A bit of a story with this one. Got this very thin and sickly (arched back, concave belly, transparent and worn out fins, and a very sunken and boney face) L142 snowball from a tank of L102 inspectors. Even though I'm going against the rule of buying sick fish, I couldn't leave this stunner to wither away. Brought this pleco home and put it into a 15 gallon hospital tank where I'm currently treating it for internal parasites and bacteria.
Good signs are this pleco has enough energy to still move around actively, and it's still feeding. Got it to feed on some zucchini last night. Will keep everyone posted on it's journey to recovery.

Panaque-Fan

Jan 31, 2017
Mississauga
Some more L190 royal shots.

Update and good news on the new L142 I bought last week.
Since treatment, the pleco's fins have healed up, overall body mass is beginning thicken again (really skinny when I initially got it, almost looked like a tadpole from above), face is filling out slowly (still a bit sunken in, as you can see from that dark patch on it's snout), it's feces are not white and stringy anymore, and the pleco's belly is now flat/even (can be seen it the reflection on the bottom of the tank) and no longer caved in!
I knew it was risk buying this pleco with the condition it was in, but I'm glad I took it in because I knew this pleco had a fighting chance!
Will continue to update everyone on the pleco's road to recovery.

IrvingPo

Dec 1, 2017
AR
Some more L190 royal shots.

Update and good news on the new L142 I bought last week.
Since treatment, the pleco's fins have healed up, overall body mass is beginning thicken again (really skinny when I initially got it, almost looked like a tadpole from above), face is filling out slowly (still a bit sunken in, as you can see from that dark patch on it's snout), it's feces are not white and stringy anymore, and the pleco's belly is now flat/even (can be seen it the reflection on the bottom of the tank) and no longer caved in!
I knew it was risk buying this pleco with the condition it was in, but I'm glad I took it in because I knew this pleco had a fighting chance!
Will continue to update everyone on the pleco's road to recovery.

Awesome pics, Panaque-fan. I hope the little guy fully recovers. How many do you have at this point?

Pleco Fan

May 6, 2011
England West Yorkshire
Great pictures, L200 are my fav pleco's I notice you have no substrate in your pics?
My L200 digs into the substrate to reach the algae, he manages to bank the substrate up a good couple of inches.