Swim Bladder?

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
My Male Rainbow can't seem to lift himself off the substrate, he doesn't look stressed, no clamped fins or signs of imflammation, could it be constipation putting pressure on his swim bladder?
should i be feeding more live foods? i hardly get any in that tank.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
If its a Bacterial Issue i have Interpet Treatment 13 i can use but no instruction guide so no idea of dosage, if anybody has any and could give me a rough guide would appreciate it, i've got Aqualibrium salt too so can add that as well.

I

intrepidmax

if its swim bladder.....and not a bacterial issue. then try feeding garden peas popped out of the shells, this was the advice we gave for fancy goldfish when I worked in a fish shop.

I feed peas to my malawis alot and they love them.

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
:hi:
Hi Irene sorry for late reply and Thank You for concern, unfortunately the course of treatment had no effect and he is still hugging the bottom :(
He is definitely eating and has taken Brine Shrimp, one remedy i have read about is a bath of Epsom Salts (if its related to constipation) not sure if that would work, have read that swim bladder afflictions can sometimes stay uncured and fish live out their lives with the issue. Not really sure what to do got so much to deal with at the moment :(