My attempt at a nano reef

SS317

Jan 14, 2011
Nsw
Hi all
This is my nano reef that's been running for around a year, as with all my tanks I'm lazy as with it but I do a 30% weekly water change on it and that's it. What do you think? Sorry about the iPhone pics

SS317

Jan 14, 2011
Nsw
Thanks guys, i find it's so easy to sit in front of this tank and lose so much time just looking:drool:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
That looks great!
Apart from wc once a week I service the skimmer and keep the front glass clean but thats about it too. Oh and change the carbon and phosban every couple months.

Gets a bit expensive mixing up the salt mix every week but at least that gives the corals a boost and I don't have to go into all the other you-beaut additives others use.

SS317

Jan 14, 2011
Nsw
That looks great!
Apart from wc once a week I service the skimmer and keep the front glass clean but thats about it too. Oh and change the carbon and phosban every couple months.

Gets a bit expensive mixing up the salt mix every week but at least that gives the corals a boost and I don't have to go into all the other you-beaut additives others use.
Thanks for the reply as my tank is only 80L I just buy my water in 25L drums, $5 for a refill and I have a few drums so it lasts me a while. I've tryed a lot of the other additives but in a little tank I think just doing weekly wc is all you need.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Threads like this do little to help my temptation to start a salty pico...

very nice, love the mandarin

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Give in to temptation :lol:
I am definitely buying a Dymax IQ5, it just what I do with it that I am not sure about.

Will either be a dwarf cichlid breeder / desert style scape or a salty one.

My worry is that I can leave a fw set up for longer unattended than a sw one and a tank volume so small could go wrong very quickly (zero sw experience)

Hmmm......

SS317

Jan 14, 2011
Nsw
I am definitely buying a Dymax IQ5, it just what I do with it that I am not sure about.

Will either be a dwarf cichlid breeder / desert style scape or a salty one.

My worry is that I can leave a fw set up for longer unattended than a sw one and a tank volume so small could go wrong very quickly (zero sw experience)

Hmmm......
I find with the tank being only 80l that a weekly wc of 30% is a must, the corals don't open as much when it's getting to the end of the week but as soon as I do the water they go nuts, if you need to leave it unattended for more than a week or two at the most it mite not be the thing for you.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
I find with the tank being only 80l that a weekly wc of 30% is a must, the corals don't open as much when it's getting to the end of the week but as soon as I do the water they go nuts, if you need to leave it unattended for more than a week or two at the most it mite not be the thing for you.
Yeah, the tank i'm getting is 13l so super small and therefore hard to keep stable.

SS317

Jan 14, 2011
Nsw
I say go for it, I'm thinking a planted one with shrimp in it would look good in my living room :drool: