L260 for sexing please

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
dont be too hasty on calling it a male....

i've seen a female with more hair than that one... and its 100% female coz a pair with fry cannot lie.....

but with the head shape and v-body shape i'd go for a male too on this occasion... fatten him up hes a bit skinny.... lol...

hair alone isnt 100% sex sure method....

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
That is a super male. But yes Hair isnt a stand alone way of telling sexes apart, you should see some of the old dears that get on my bus, Bigger beards than Jeremy Beadle (and more fingers)

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Correct big John but check the chew chew out and also the thickness of the pectorals. Its not too skinny IMO just a stallion of a male:D

Cheers

thegeeman
yes all good points... what about the length of his rear fanners????

his rear fins are way longer than you'd find on a female... another male traite

if hes got plenty of females to service he better put on some size or he'll burn out too quick... i must have big brute males than... lol !!!

still think hes too skinny IMO...:beer:

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
I'll try and get one tomorrow as I've turned the lights out in the fish room now :thumbup:

What are we looking for in a side view?

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Md tend to look stressed even when they are not. Kinda washed out with no real bright white lines. True queens are vivid in colour as opposed to the imposter they call monte dourado:D

Cheers

thegeeman

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
It was kind of stressed with the white dots on it when I got it but quickly coloured up to a lovely black with stark white contrast but have seen it faded again since. Will get a side pic tomorrow if I can :D