Juvie L cat id needed please

Scat38

Aug 4, 2009
W.Australia
Hi,

I was fortunate to be offered some very nice young L cats today on which i couldnt pass up, I was shown a picture of the parents on which the guy was selling these juvies on behalf on him and the feedback was that they were either L 048 or L 007.
Ive managed to get some reasonable pics of these guys now i have them home and they seem to match this picture to me although im no expert.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?species=leporacanthicus+cf_galaxias(l007)&image_id=2097

Here are some pics ive taken tonight and would really appreciate opinions of the much more expeirenced hobbiests on this site :)

Cheers
Craig

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Steve(FF)--Is there any chance they could be pseudacanthicus?
L065 juvies look quite similar but the spots fade as they get older and look kinda grey.

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
A good pic of the mouth should allow us to distinguish which is it. Leporacanthicus, Pseudacanthicus and Scobiancistrus all have fairly similar mouths. But at this stage, the second pic with the blurry mouth looks like my Leporacanthicus (heterodon).

Scat38

Aug 4, 2009
W.Australia
Hi Irene,

I believe the parents are around the 15-17cm mark and are trying to see if i can get some better pics of them off the friend of the breeder.

Thanks everyone for the help, Im very happy with the outcome :)

Cheers
Craig