L174

YSR50

Apr 29, 2009
Chicago-ish
:thumbup:

Gotta say, I'm jealous that you get to see eggs. My L201s and L134s always pick very tight caves, or caves out of sight. Maybe I'll see some L333 eggs once they start, although they are presently crammed into small caves also. Even my LF ABN pick caves that they barely fit into. My L134 group has produced close to 1k fry over the years and the only time I've seen eggs is when I accidentally dumped a male and his clutch while moving tanks.

leisure_man

Mar 24, 2014
3rd Rock from the Sun
Is by design that I position the caves for easy viewing. No matter how tight the cave, I can still see them. You should check out my other videos and pictures on L46, L66, L201, L134 etc. I average around 400 L134 per year with my breeding colony and I know where the males are so it takes very little effort to check on them. As far as dumping a clutch of eggs from the cave, I do that all the time on the L134 since they like to have back to back spawns where the prior spawn has not reach free swimming, another spawn would take place in the same cave.

YSR50

Apr 29, 2009
Chicago-ish
That's how my L134s have been also. Looks like you're using PlecoCaves medium rectangle caves, mine won't use them, everything but. My last batch was in a PlecoCaves medium Euro cave, but the male is so large I couldn't see past him, just got lucky to see a fry who snuck out close to the end. Dumped him and the fry out over the weekend.