Ridout's Tank

Mark421

Aug 19, 2012
York
Looking good Nick.

It looks like what I imagine the bottom of the amazon to look like.

I hope there's plenty of action in the caves!

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Thanks for all the kind words.
Thinking of loosing some of the plants and adding a darker substrate? Not sure??
Plenty of caves in there, so let's hope for the best. I need to add some dither fish to the tank that can cope with the hi flow rate in the tank, but I can't think what to add. Any suggestions would be great.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Thinking of loosing some of the plants and adding a darker substrate? Not sure??
I'd definitely keep all the plants as they are going to help keep high water quality. Substrate colour is entirely personal choice, I just like a mixture of sand/coarse sand and let the flow sort it out.
I need to add some dither fish to the tank that can cope with the hi flow rate in the tank, but I can't think what to add. Any suggestions would be great.
This is what "Apistomaster" wrote on PC about L333 and Peckoltia compta, and he is pretty good source.
I feel it is best to keep these in species tanks. Sometimes I keep some cherry shrimp with them or a few Rummy Nose Tetras as both make good water quality indicators, especially the Rummy Nose Tetras.
cheers Darrel

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nice to see different levels in the tank rather than just the conventional and looks natural. Good use of space with the way the breeding caves have been placed and well hidden. Perfect multipurpose aquascaped tank. The way the lighting is all the plants are visible but nice shade for plecs but not too dark. Sand looks nice no need for gravel with plants being attached to wood. Minimal plants but you wouldn't think it. Very easy to alter as you have already shown and both setups look good.

I don't have a clue on names of fish or plants but look canny.

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I plan to get a group of ten plus together. then i will think about breeding them. If they breed now it will be a mega brucey bonus :)

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
So these are the last of the photo's i will be up loading before i move house.

These are two of my three Contradens.
Pictures 1-4 are of my male. I think it is? :)
The rest are of one of the females. Who is in a cave? :dk:
Let me know what you think.

Ridout

Attachments