L65 spawn

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
I'd been feeling a bit low recently about the fish room, lots of hours at work, not enough time to keep up with water changes etc. I'd even started thinking about reducing the number of tanks i have:cry:, then out of the blue i find a cave full of wrigglers hiding behind one of my L65:woohoo:, chuffed would be an understatement. This should wash away the blues!
I'll try to get some pics as soon as i can.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
There was another spawn in the UK a few years back (George and Marina? Parva (something like that))

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
That's fantastic news, Brian!:clap::clap::clap:
How long have you been trying with these guys?
to be honest mate, i wasn't trying.
they used to be in my big 2m tank with a few other pseuda's, then i shut that tank down and put them up for sale, but at the time there was no interest in them.
I moved them to a 4 foot tank in the fish room so i could empty the old tank, and i kinda just left them in there, these are probably my most negolected fish, sods law isn't it lol

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Nice one Bri,

Did you get them from Geeman when he walked away from fish (If they are I knew they were are pair the minute I found them neglected in a MAidenhead in the midlands)?

I can read your breeding log now.....

Dump fish in that tank
Neglect and almost forget they are there
Continue regular feeding
Don;t look in tank as often as I used to
Occasional maintenance work load permiting.

A few weeks later check on fish.......WAHOOOOOOOOO WRIGGLERS.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Nice one Bri,

Did you get them from Geeman when he walked away from fish (If they are I knew they were are pair the minute I found them neglected in a MAidenhead in the midlands)?

I can read your breeding log now.....

Dump fish in that tank
Neglect and almost forget they are there
Continue regular feeding
Don;t look in tank as often as I used to
Occasional maintenance work load permiting.

A few weeks later check on fish.......WAHOOOOOOOOO WRIGGLERS.
Cheers Al.
No, these weren't Gee's, one came from a mate in Ipswich (damager335), the other came from mrwickedweasel a year or so ago, was hoping that his was female, turns out it is:clap:

And yeah, thats pretty much how it went, i did have them up for sale a while back but when they didn't sell, they kinda just got dumped in the 4 footer and i went back to concentrating on trying to get everything else to spawn:whistle:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
no pics yet, they are still like fat tadpoles, but still wriggling, so far so good.
i can see about 10 bumbling around the tank, i have no idea how many are left in the cave.