hi

adam18wilson

Jul 28, 2014
buxton
Hi my name is Adam I have keeped pleco before but only the common and I have a 4 foot tank and I whant to get a nice pleco what is the best tipe to have on sand thank

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi Adam , :welcome:

There are many different kinds of L's and they have different needs, ie ph, temp, food, wood or stone or both for hidey places, so you can click on the ''Profiles Link '' on the forum section and see what would be a good fit for your tank and water. You can click on the one's you are interested in to see their needs. You may also want to consider the other tankmates you already have for a good match..... if you list your tank/water readings/wc's/filters/other fish you have..ect , perhaps other memebers can steer you in the right direction. Good luck :)

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:welcome: Adam and good to have you on board. I use silica sand and in Australia we get this at pool shops. It is inertia so does not release and/or change chemicals, PH values etc. It is great to use and looks stunning. cheers jk :thumbup:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
hello and welcome, there are many good plecs will love your tank. i guess its down to budget and what healthy fish you can get easily.