New Discus and the Anubias jungle

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Quick snaps of the new additions, trying to get the love back for my tank, quite like these little fellas, they won't win any awards but it's the first time I've kept them so wasn't prepared to drop big money.

Anubias has gone wild, especially the piece in the middle, its about 14 inches tall I think. was going to trim it but the Discus seems to dig it, the wild look is growing on me.

Apologies for dirty glass and they had just been fed as well so water not pristine.

dw1305

Global Moderators
Staff member
May 5, 2009
Wiltshire nr. Bath, UK
Hi all,
Anubias has gone wild, especially the piece in the middle, its about 14 inches tall I think. was going to trim it but the Discus seems to dig it, the wild look is growing on me.
I agree with JK, don't trim it, the leaves take ages to grow. More plant mass makes tank management much easier.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
oh, they are stunning and certainly make a statement in your tank :clap: great choice for sure. Yeah, leave the plant, it is just too cool , gorgeous and I have never seen one so large. You get the blue ribbon for that one :)

thanks for posting the pics, I had thougt about these also at one time but after reading up, my 54g is in a high traffic area , and i read they get spooked very easily , so the article stressed no high traffic areas . That put the halt on them for me, sadly . Glad to see your beauties ! nice , very nice.

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB

Now they are settled they spend most of their time hiding in amongst the wood and the plants.