Around the world in 80 photos

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
We have a wide and varied global membership here now, this thread is to share your little corner of the earth.

All I want is a photo and brief description of where/what it is.

To kick us off, sunset over the Burj al Arab, the world first '7 star' hotel. Built on a man made island, about 30m shorter than the Empire State iirc.

Nice place to walk the dog, its 10 minutes from my apartment.

Attachments

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I agree with FFmkII great idea! :thumbup:

Here is the Shenzhen Bay Bridge (opened in 2009) which spans Shenzhen Bay from Shekou China to the new territories in the Hong Kong SAR. This pic is taken from the Mainland side at the ferry pier about a 10 min walk from my house. This ferry travels from Shenzhen to Macau.

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Due to my crimes against the state on my return form Moscow running an undercover CIA chip shop I was banished to the backwaters of the west country so here are some photos of my internal exile

" The Site every one thinks of as Bristol Built by IKB in ratio to the work force more died building this bridge than English men on the Death Rail Road in SEA

Cost Cutters in "Artclef"

Last edited:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Our little town of Lowood sits on the bend of the Brisbane River in Queensland.
I used to love walking down and fishing under the cool trees.

Then the 2011 floods came & my river was temporarily lost under a torrent of floodwaters.

Whats left after the floods. It might be some time before its cool enough to fish there now.

Jacqueline

Jan 19, 2011
Holland
Just a short walk from my house is the heather called "The Veluwe" were every year "The battle of Arnhem" is remembered. Lot's of paratroopers and old plains from the war every year, sadly nearly all veterans have past away now. If all is quiet you can enjoy the wildlife in the early mornings.

We also have a lot of these :D This one stands at the seaside in Vlissingen.

Something fun to see is "Madorudam", Holland and Belgium sights all in one tour of the park.

And last picture will be of "Lange Jan", he's one of the main characters of "The Efteling". This is a large theme park with all kinds of fun things, like rollercoasters, thrill rides, haunted house, lots of stuff for the kids and a forrest filled of stories. That's were this guy lives :D The more porkies he tells, the longer the neck goes!!

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
Car Surfing??
More like "Zider I op" and Giz I fifty quid our Ma"

This part of the world is arsole of the universe

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Unfortunately most of these dumps are resident created. Pile as much money into the estates as you like they will always destroy it. Then they complain that they live in a dump??

Where as in the better areas it is looked after because the residents have to pay for it themselves and tell the kids to look after it because they had to pay for it.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
hey All,

A part of paradise south of Sydney called Jervis Bay. Early morning stroll with the Viszlas Dogs. cheers jk :thumbup:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
great idea , working on it...

wow, some awesome views of all your ''neck of the woods''.. .humm I been thinkin what could I post from my area , ain't much , live in the middle of the state ,drive 1 hr and we would be in another state or in the Atlantic Ocean !!!
We do have something, will try to get a pic and post over spring break,when my school is closed, got a week off :woohoo:we staff need this break badly :woohoo::woohoo:

Georgie

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
beautiful norfolk

this is my little bit of heaven...moved here four years ago from London so BIG difference!

enjoy cole

Attachments

macvsog23

May 1, 2009
Bristol
this is my little bit of heaven...moved here four years ago from London so BIG difference!

enjoy cole

I also moved from West london but to bristol and apart from not understanding a word the locals say I love it.