Showdown!

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Showdown!

In the purple corner Alvin the tube anemone.

Looking resplendent in his stingy fibre-glass like tentacles.

In the algae corner Strom the strong handsome Strombus snail.

Now prior to Alvin moving in Strom had the tank pretty much to himself and he wasn't too fussed when Alvin arrived.

I am pretty sure Alvin stung Strom one night as for 24hours he sat unmoving and half buried in the sand not far from Alvin. I would say Alvin might have stung Strom on the nose and as a result Strom wasn't too well.

Good news is Strom recovered well and went on his way around the tank. But secretly he was plotting his revenge on Alvin.

I was lucky enough a few days later to have the camera handy when Strom got stuck into Alvin and his stinging ways. Tucking his nose and eye stalks in so they were almost non-existent, Strom charged into the side of Alvin, scraping him quite harshly on the fleshy part of his tube. Alvin retracted in sheer fright!

Mission accomplished with Strom on his way and Alvin taught a lesson not to pick on Strombus snails again.

Alvin sits up very straight now and lets Strom pass by without incident.

But wait! What's happened to Stroms shell? It looks like someone's been chomping the algae off his shell.

Little Miss innocence.

Dane

Apr 28, 2009
Winagte, Co Durham
As with all nems they do pack a punch some more than others and them sand nem you have are nasty little things to say the least from what I looked at your tank thread your tank ain't been running that long and not being nasty no nem should be in a tank early on keep abbeys on it if it starts to walk let it do so but cover all powerheads as you will get nem soup

Dane