134 spawn

bikerman6660

May 3, 2009
N/East UK
Checked the tank and noticed eggs on the floor never even realised they had spawned no signs of trapping. I,ll just have to hope they get it right next time as it's their first spawn

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
well done on the first spawn, always good to get that one out of the way, lets just hope they follow it up soon

bikerman6660

May 3, 2009
N/East UK
I have got the eggs in a net but not very hopeful. I had just left them alone for a while (given up on them to be honest) and they just spawned I have my suspicion it is perhaps a seasonal thing?

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I have got the eggs in a net but not very hopeful. I had just left them alone for a while (given up on them to be honest) and they just spawned I have my suspicion it is perhaps a seasonal thing?
hmmmmmmmm yet another member has "given up" on them only to find they have spawned. Maybe we fuss too much over 134,s . Biker I believe they are a seasonal spawning fish as mine would spawn once every 3 or 4 weeks from september to January. They did spawn during the rest of the year but only maybe 3 times in total.

Lealea has been spawning hers for a few years so would be interesting to get her view on seasonal spawning

Goodluck with them

Cheers

thegeeman

windy

Apr 24, 2009
cardiff
mine first spawned in march then every month after that
sometimes 2 spawns a month[different females]

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
maybe it depends on the tank lighting hours?
are on lights, with a timer or daylight affected? or both?
eg when the light draws in more?

I think the air pressure has been lower the past few days too.