"White" L201 Update

kakamac

Evening All,

Took some photos today of the "White" L201 aka Whitey. I have attached two photos for everyone too look at. He/She is growing well and is larger in size than the two other normally coloured fry. An observation I have made is that he/she does not like the open as much as the two normal looking fry. When stressed he/she goes a little darker but other than that stays relatively light in colour (as you can see in the photos). I hope everyone enjoys the update.

Regards,
Kak

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
wow hes real cute. just enough colour to see his white spots! he must be very rare!

If you get any more would be interesting to see what they would breed!

kakamac

Rabbit,

No sign of black pigment however when stressed he gets a little caramel in colour (like a very very light L201) which i guess is a combination of the usual L201 colouration and his colouration. Irene I do hope that I manage to fluke another but am in the proccess of moving to the house I just bought and so the L201's may take a little while to resume breeding. I'll keep everyone posted on how things go.

Edit: Rabbit I've attached a photo I took tonight which shows Whitey in stress colouration and that is the darkest I've ever seen him/her. Whitey usually gets like that when I photograph him/her for too long. Before long the "white" colouration came back.

Regards,
Kak

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
He seems to be doing well:clap:

I would keep him:yes:

Thanks for the update Kak

kakamac

Yeah Rabbit he/she is still feeding rather well. A little bit shy like the other L201's though but you get that at times particularly when you don't keep any other fish in the tank that may help to calm them down. Luckily there are plenty of hiding spaces in the tank. At present though I'm setting a tank up for the two other L201 fry and whitey to move into. I'll keep everyone up dated on how everything goes.