Species ID Check L 066 or L333's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brizmale28

Feb 9, 2011
kallangur
a mate recently purchased these as L333's i have bought them off him as L066's i would like to know what they really are as i have L066's as well and dont want to cross breed them so would like some opinions please from others

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Keep them separate from both L333 and L066 for 6mths and see if that fin splitting etc grows out for a better look. I am inclined to think they are L333's but they've had rather a rough time. I do quite like the first one.

If you had L333 fry yourself grow up looking like that I think you wouldn't question they are L333, however if you were to put them to L066 to breed and the fry tails all come out in a C shape not forked like a L066, then all you have done is perpetuated the cross breeding.

Jul 9, 2009
sunshinecoast
rays fish

I wouldnt breed the second one to either a L333 or a L066 as its dorsal fin looks deformed.
2 of these fish pictured , were part of a main breeding trio, i bought them from raybanger/rayray as 333s but as confirmed by 6 mods on qldaf , they are l066 , as i picked it straight away due to the pattern and tails , thats why i sold them as l066 , a 333 tail and pattern differs greatly from the fish pictured in my opinion and knowledge, the fish im told are over 2 years old so the patterns wont change and they are around 10 cm

Psych ward

May 17, 2012
Greenbank
I would tend to lean toward 333, hard to tell, pretty average fish that 2nd 1, don't breed that. As far as mods opinion on qldaf, take that with a grain of salt, have you read some of their brainless posts they put on that site lol!

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
Originally Posted by Psych ward View Post
I would tend to lean toward 333, hard to tell, pretty average fish that 2nd 1, don't breed that. As far as mods opinion on qldaf, take that with a grain of salt, have you read some of their brainless posts they put on that site lol!
Agreed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.