GREAT NEWS!! I have babies

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Just got home from work and whilst feeding the fish i noticed little wrigglers. So happy about this as these are from the L's that i found hard to id. I think L201 of some type but i'm no expert. These babies are a complete surprise to me as i have negeleted the tank for some time. Thats maybe where i was going wrong for all this time. :whistle:
I will put up pics asap but these are the adult pics from when i got them home a couple of months ago. Hope any body has any more id suggestions for me.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
Excellent news on the spawn mate, I know you'll be chuffed to pieces.
good luck with raising the fry

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
Just got back from epic days fishing. 80lb of bream and 2, 15lb commons. BOOOOOOOOM

Doodles- Found it when trying to id the adults. Pretty cool eh? Geek out. I did.:)

Mooo - All i know is that they are some type of panaque. Asked all the id questions on here when i got them.

Joby- So far i have seen 10. fingers crossed for more

I will try and post pics asap, but little 15 week old baby boy is taking up much of my time these days. :D

Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone else.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
brilliant. well done
more pics would be great
as the young develop that may give a clue to id too, but guess they are some type of goldstripe panaque

ridout

Nov 17, 2009
Wiltshire
All babies dead. Found half of them stuck to the filter outlet. The rest probably went the same too. But while i was cleaning the tank, the female was in the males cave. She is massive and looks like she is ready to do it again so fingers crossed. I have moved them to their own tank. Can anyone suggest a way to stop the babies getting sucked up by the filter outlet? Is there a cover of some sort or can i DIY something?

phear

Mar 13, 2012
adelaide
put a filter on the inlet or you can use a stocking but that will clog very quickly.

you just need to find something that will fit the right diameter.

clark rubber carry some good stuff (green course stuff that i usually use and doesnt clog quickly)

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
Get one of the filter media bags such as the aqua one's used to hold carbon etc. I just put them around the intake and then put and elastic band around the top. Does not clog very often