201s m/f ????

berwickdave

Jan 14, 2011
berwick melbourne
Hi guys and girls have 10 but only 9 in pic of the 201s i think i now what sex there is but would like ur thoughts on it sorry i only have this pic taken about a month ago i
CHEERS DAVE

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Process of elimination. Remove the real hairy tailed ones as that will allow the recessive males develop.

Remove to a hairy males tank every one which has yellow spots around the vent. You will need a macro lens or magnifying glass to see them. Those are your mature females.

berwickdave

Jan 14, 2011
berwick melbourne
wow once again u come though lol gunna give it a crack in a couple days yellow spot around vent ok sounds easy LMFAO will get back with how i go this should be good any other tips on checking there vents :) god i need some luck to go my way lol lol

berwickdave

Jan 14, 2011
berwick melbourne
P.S brengun i dont now if u remember but a couple months ago i lost my female 270 i put on this site about it will i swapped the male for this trio of 397 and with in a month female dead CAN NOT BE A WINNER lol the luck of things

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
well def a few of each sex, as different head shapes, but only a few with the pointed nose, will be interesting to see if those are the ones with yellow spots... let us know what you find and if you can post pics of the vents?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
yup would be good to know, looks like the L201 and L134 mature F have the yellow dots on the vents. wow good to know cheers jk :thumbup:

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
I have 3 females. Two often show yellow spots on the vents but one did last year and this year she's not showing it. Not sure if it may be a dominance between females thing?
Anyways here are two of the girls late last year and both 7cm.

berwickdave

Jan 14, 2011
berwick melbourne
dam very good pics i have a male tank ready to go and am going to try But i think they are to small think most around the 5/6 with a couple at 7 males i think but will get all that sorted when i vent them Am going to start with the 1s that cave taking they will be males
CHEERS FOR UR HELP WILL GET BACK WHEN I HAVE DONE FIRST LOT

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:lol: wish I was there to watch you take photos of males and females and yellow spots...Brengun makes it sound so easy but it is a funny vision....:lol: good luck cheers jk :thumbup:

berwickdave

Jan 14, 2011
berwick melbourne
oh poo so u hold them against tank glass mmmmmm ok never have handle'd them or any pleco like i am going have too do get a look and pic anything i should now before i grab hold of 1 lol uselessly if i have to move them or look at them out of water they never come out of net lol lol

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
OK, cheats way... buy yourself a betta tank, 15cm x 15cm x 15cm or so.
Put a bit of water in it so the fish sits on the bottom, and balance the betta tank on the top of a tank with almost half of it hanging over the edge. Squat down, looking up at the bottom of the betta tank with your camera or magnifying glass and view their vents that way. :)

berwickdave

Jan 14, 2011
berwick melbourne
yep ok there has been A couple times but far and few in the last couple yrs in the hobby not 1 who likes it really And i was think of getting me 1ft tank out donig what u have said i will work something out a long these lines CHEERS DAVE