Hello guys.

KarthikC

Oct 21, 2014
Bangalore.
Hi Guys,

Greetings from India.

I'm Karthik from Bangalore. I'm a aquarium fanatic for a long time now. I love plecos and been having them from the time I've kept fish tanks. But used to get my hands only on the common pleco.

Just a note that many of the lakes in Bangalore are infested with these huge common plecos. I'll share the picture later.

I have an upcoming project of a catfish only tank with a good amount of plecos. Here's some of my collection so far

Ancistrus sp: juvenile. Need a help on exact ID

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413995401.337119.jpg

Common pleco a year old now. Need help on exact ID for this as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413995419.470238.jpg

Sturisoma Festivum

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413995437.286224.jpg

Otocinclus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413995466.387385.jpg

Please pardon the crappy pics, they're clicked with my phone.

I'm on the lookout for some nice dwarf plecos. Will keep u all updated in the near future

Cheers,

Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
:welcome: Karthik and glad that you love plecos like we all do. Looks like common plecos that you have. Hope you have fun with us and enjoy catching those whiptails, ottos and plecos. All the best cheers jk :thumbup:

KarthikC

Oct 21, 2014
Bangalore.
:welcome: Karthik and glad that you love plecos like we all do. Looks like common plecos that you have. Hope you have fun with us and enjoy catching those whiptails, ottos and plecos. All the best cheers jk :thumbup:

Thank you for the welcome note. :)

Cheers,

Karthik

KarthikC

Oct 21, 2014
Bangalore.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414037971.153158.jpg

These are the big size plecos available at Bangalore's lakes. This is spotted at a local fish store, pls ignore the parrot fish in the background.

Cheers,

Karthik