Hi guys i'm matt :)

Frashed

Oct 3, 2014
Sydney
Hey guys, i'm new here, i've owned bristlenose catfish over the years and currently have 2 in a tank with a tiger oscar and an albino tiger oscar. I plan on breeding peps because i'm just in love with them and i'd love to watch them grow.. I just bought a 4ft tank and set it up, i also have 4 breeding tanks, 2x3ft tanks and a 2ft tank, apart from my main show tank that is 2ft x 1.5 x 2ft :)

I live in sydney, australia

Here is a photo of my set up so far, keeep in mind it isnt ready yet and im still water logging the driftwood.
image.jpg

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello Mat and :welcome: glad you found us. Like the set up. enjoy it and ask questions if you have any cheers jk :thumbup:

Frashed

Oct 3, 2014
Sydney
Hey guys i updated my tank, put a plant on the drift wood and got some guppies 2 males and 2 females.. Both the females are pregnant so i wont be putting plecos in until the fry are bigger. Slates in the tank are holding the driftwood down and will be removed after the waterlogging :).. Just keeping you guys updated on what happens as i think this is going to be an exciting and interesting journey..image.jpg

Frashed

Oct 3, 2014
Sydney
image.jpg

This is the female i got, she's absolutely stunning, probably the best looking bristlenose ive ever seen! Such good colours!

Frashed

Oct 3, 2014
Sydney
Just a quick update on mysetup, had first batch of eggs, so i put them into a makeshift tumbler that i made and they hatched fine, had the tumbler in the holding tank with all my other fry and the tumbler fell over not long after they hatched and all the fry got out, they seem to be doing fine in there with the bigger fry so i'm just going to leave them :)

image.jpg