L-65 Psueda Second Spawn

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
The first time they spawned in February the eggs were kicked out and after one of the three that made it past egg/wiggler stage died I removed them from the fry box and let them into the big tanks. Thought they were gone. A few days ago I found another post-yolk sac fry AND I found one BIG fry that has to be from Feb :D Now there are many fry. I have to thank the extreme heat and cool nights we have had outdoors this week got up to 108f/42/c and cooled off at night quite a bit. I had also unplugged the heater maybe mistakenly and I think that had an effect on breeding. Did not feed anything special just: hikari cichlid pellets,hothouse cucumbers, flakes/sinking granules). Sadly one of the elder l65 has died while being treated for tail rot, so I am down to only three adults from my original 5 including the breeding pair. Just hope I can keep going with these little beauties<3

[ame]http://youtu.be/yQUoJIPZ5dE[/ame]

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

thats awesome news with fry... sad to hear you lost an adult but hopefully you'll have truckloads of fry to replenish yoiur stocks and truck loads more fry to share with everybody else :thumbup: