1st spawn -L260

mikebren12

Nov 25, 2010
Wynyard Co Durham
Whilst searching for a couple of L260's to show a potential purchaser, I stumbled upon my 1st ever hypan spawn. Nearly fell over.

3 x 2cm juvvies shot past my hand, I'd recently been changing they're water change routine and it seems to have paid off!!!!

Sorry for the bad pic, best I could do with one hand.

Mike

Attachments

mikebren12

Nov 25, 2010
Wynyard Co Durham
So I now believe I've had 3 spawns..

On further inspection, the 3 was 4. One was much bigger than the others, almost twice the size.. Unfortunately whilst on hols for two weeks in the Caribbean it appears the 3 perished. I put this down to my changing to minimal feeding whilst away( my fish sitter has no experience so wc were a no-no).

However upon returning a new spawn was in dads cave been prepared for freedom. I've managed to count ten from this spawn, so I believe dad is gaining experience and simply getting better.

They have all been released into the tank by dad and seem to be doing fine...

So 3 spawns. And long may it continue..

The attached pic is the sole survivor from the believed 1st spawn..

Enjoy people..

Mike

Attachments

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Next time go to the $2 shop and get some little containers, pill box size or bigger and ration the feeding into those. All the fish sitter has to do is open one, upend it into the tank and its done.

My tanks would be getting a little up in nitrates after two weeks but its quite ok for that time as I usually only do weekly ones anyway.

I keep mostly all 4ft tanks (some 3fts) and only a small half dozen or so colony in each. That way when fry do appear there's no rush to put them into their own grow out tank.

mikebren12

Nov 25, 2010
Wynyard Co Durham
Hi Brengun,

I was just thinking the mix of food I normally feed, and no wc's for 2 weeks, seemed safer just to feed every other day...

The sitter would've completed the feeding anyway I asked. I was really trying to keep it simple...

And for those that didn't realise I'm in the U.K.

Mike

P.s. they are trapping again as we speak.. :clap::clap::clap::clap: